- Construction of Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant commences.
- Government-owned Vnesheconombank and Eurasian Bank for Development agree to participate in the financing of Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant construction.
- A new generation enhanced performance freight car bogie subsequently known as Barber S-2-R is commissioned.
- A number of new freight car designs are developed and prototype models produced, including a drop-bottom universal gondola, solid bottom gondola, hopper car and platform.
- During a visit of the President to the United States ICT Group reaches a ground-breaking agreement with «Wabtec Corporation» on cooperation in technological development. As part of the agreement ICT Group acquires the exclusive intellectual ownership of Barber S-2-R bogie.
- Enhanced performance Barber S-2-R with the axial load of 23.5 tf becomes the first ever bogie designed by a foreign firm to be certified by the Russian government.
- Installation of the manufacturing equipment begins at the assembly floor of Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant.
Ideas in motion
- Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant reaches a strategic partnership agreement with Tatravagonka of Slovakia, which provides for cooperation in the design, development and manufacture of innovative railway transport and equipment. Tatravagonka secures the right to manufacture and export Barber S-2-R bogies and their parts to Russia.
- The first of hopper cars produced at Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant delivered to Freight One transportation company for the pilot run.
- RAIL1520, a new operating freight car leasing company, is launched by ICT Group.
- RAIL1520 significantly increases its freight fleet by procuring over 1,600 new freight cars for a total of over US$100m.
- Sberbank of Russia agrees to provide a RUB10 billion credit facility to help RAIL1520 finance the expansion of its railway fleet.
Launch and full steam ahead
- Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant was launched.
- ICT Group and Mitsui & Co of Japan agree to establish a joint venture with joint investment in the railroad freight car operating lease business for around US$100 million.
- RAIL1520 reaches an agreement with SIBUR-Trans, the logistical operator of SIBUR, a major petrochemicals group, about a long-term lease of rolling stock.
- Eurasian Development Bank agrees to provide a 10-year US$75 million credit facility to RAIL1520.
- United Wagon Company is launched to manage and coordinate the freight car sales of Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant and the freight car leasing business of RAIL1520.
- Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant has released an industrial batch of 100 multi-purpose drop-bottom gondolas. The release of the symbolic 100-th car was attended by representatives of the company's creditor banks – Eurasian development Bank and Vnesheconombank.
- ICT Group and Japanese corporation Mitsui have signed a Memorandum of strategic partnership for the purpose of joint investments in the development of railway projects in the Russian Federation. Within the framework of the established joint venture, the two companies confirmed the terms and conditions of the initial contract for purchase and lease of freight cars, with Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant as the prime supplier.
- Sberbank of Russia and RAIL1520 lessor have signed an agreement for granting a long-term credit in the amount of RUR 15 billion for the term of 11 years.
- Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant was certified with International Railway Industry Standard (IRIS) in March, 2013. The certificate given to the company is a proof that TVSZ production meets the highest standards of excellence in the railway industry.
- United Wagon Company and VRK -2 have signed an agreement on establishment of service centers network on the basis of 11 repair depots for maintenance of innovative freight cars equipped with bogie models 18-9810 and 18-9855.
- Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant has started batch production of Solid-bottom universal gondola model 12-9869 fitted out with the Barber bogie increased axle load of 25 tf.
- Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant has become a laureate of the first Development Award instituted by Vnesheconombank in the nomination “The Best Project in Industrial Sectors”. Head of the Presidential Administration Sergei Ivanov has presented the Awards in the course of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum.
- United Wagon Company and Transvagonmash have signed a long-term cooperation agreement to establish service centers for maintenance and repair of innovative freight cars equipped with bogies model 18-9810 and 18-9855 on the basis of Gontya, a car repair depot, Svobodnenskiy and Sterlitamakskiy railcar repair plants.
- United Wagon Company and Wabtec Corporation (USA) have signed a JV agreement to develop and produce innovative components for rolling stock, including heavy haul railway components.
- United Wagon Company and the global leader in cassette bearings production American Company Timken, have announced about long-term cooperation. Under the Agreement the new generation freight cars fitted with Barber bogies with axle load of 25 tf produced by the TVSZ will be equipped with Timken box cassette bearing and will be included in the Russian Railways managed maintenance programme.
- Siberian Coal Energy Company and Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant have signed a supply agreement for up to 6 000 innovative rail cars equipped with Barber bogies. SUEK is the first in Russia to receive innovative rail cars of TVSZ for supervised operations.
- United Wagon Company and ZapSib-Transservice have signed a long-term cooperation agreement on service maintenance of innovative cars equipped with bogie models 18-9810 and 9855.
- United Wagon Company and Kamkor Wagon (Kazakhstan) have signed an agreement on service maintenance of new generation freight cars on bogie models 18-9810 and 18-9855 on the basis of three car-repair depots: Kazalinskoye, Karagandinskoye and Pavlodarskoye.
- United Wagon Company and Tatravagonka a.s., the largest manufacturer of freight cars in Europe, have launched a JV Railway Casted Components a.s. (RCC) to produce Barber bogie heavy castings for rolling stock designed for 1520 mm gauge in the city of Prakovce (Slovakia).
- United Wagon Company and VRK-1 have signed a long-term agreement on service maintenance of innovative freight cars equipped with bogie models 18-9810 and 18-9855.
- The UWC’s fleet has reached 10,000 freight cars. The jubilee car is an innovative grain hopper produced by Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant (managed by UWC). This car is equipped with Barber bogies with a 25 tf axle load and has a capacity increased up to 76.5 t and over its 32 years’ service life.
- United Wagon Company and the Timken Company have signed an agreement to establish a joint venture to manufacture Timken ® AP-2™. The JV will advance the safety, reliability and efficiency of the local rail industry, equipping customers’ innovative freight cars with premium Timken bearings.
- United Wagon Company has announced an inception of All-Union Research and Development Centre for Transportation Technology (VNICTT), a design engineering bureau developing cars and components in rail freight industry. In 2014-2016 VNICTT is planning to design and put into production more than 60 projects of new cost-effective freight cars, bogies and rail components.
- United Wagon Company and Ural Railcar Repair Company have signed a long-term cooperation agreement on service maintenance of innovative freight cars equipped with bogie models 18-9810 and 18-9855.
- United Wagon Company has started implementing the project on tank car production. The facility will be located in the industrial site in Tikhvin. The total investment in construction of the new plant exceeds 3 billion rubles. Production start-up is planned in 2015.
- Research and Production Corporation «United Wagon Company» and Russian Railways have signed a maintenance agreement for freight cars with advanced technical and economical features. The maintenance will be carried out at the Kaliningrad Railways ground.
- The railway holding United Wagon Company has established transportation company Vostok1520. The operator specializes in providing full range of services for freight transportation by innovative cars with improved maintenance characteristics in the territory of 1520 mm gauge. Vladimir Sosipatov has been appointed as a Managing Director of Vostok1520.
- Railway holding United Wagon Company has completed a deal on purchasing of 100% shares of NPC Springs from RUSNANO and Izhmash. Therefore, NPC Springs becomes a UWC's plant asset, specializing in production of high strength rail springs for Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant.
- United Wagon Company, LLC has been transformed into Research and Production Corporation “United Wagon Company”, CJSC (RPC UWC). The Transformation into research and production corporation is caused by extending and development of new business areas of RPC UWC’s Group of Companies. Today RPC UWC is a vertical-integrated holding, combining production, operative leasing, transportation services, engineering and maintenance of innovative freight railcars with advanced technical and economical characteristics.
- Research and Production Corporation United Wagon Company and Carriage Repair Company-3 (VRK-3) have concluded an agreement on service maintenance of freight cars with advanced technical and economic characteristics. Therefore, RPC UWC became a partner of the Russian Railways’s main service maintenance assets such as VRK-1, VRK-2 and VRK-3.
- Research and Production Corporation United Wagon Company and Russian Railways have signed a maintenance agreement for freight cars with advanced technical and economical features. The maintenance will be carried out at the Kaliningrad Railways ground.
- Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant (managed by RPC “United Wagon Company”) has produced the 10,000th freight car. The jubilee hopper car for the transportation of mineral fertilizers equipped with innovative bogies with axle load of 25 tf has been shipped to Acron-Trans (a part of Acron Group).
- RPC UWC launched batch production of solid bottom gondolas with increased capacity of 77 tons on Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant.
- In the terms of industrial cooperation with Research and Production Corporation “United Wagon Company” Mogilev Carriage Works has put into service the first batch of freight cars with improved technical and economic characteristics. This is the debut issue of new generation rolling stock built at the enterprises of the Eurasian Economic Union.
- In the terms of industrial cooperation with Research and Production Corporation “United Wagon Company” Roslavl Railcar Repair Plant (a subsidiary of RTK) has produced the 1,000-th innovative railcar since the certificate of conformity receipt in the first quarter of 2014. The milestone car being a part of batch of 60 universal gondolas is heading off to the transportation company Vostok1520 (which is the part of the UWC holding) for coal transportation from the Kuznetsk Basin to the ports of the Far East and the North West of Russia.
- The fleet of RAIL1520 has exceeded 20,000 freight cars. In the span of just a few years since its inception, RAIL1520 has become one of the largest freight railcar operating lessors on the "1520 gauge".
IPO and international market
- Belarusian Railway and Research and Production Corporation "United Wagon Company" have announced that they had entered into a strategic partnership to service freight cars equipped with innovative Barber bogies in Belarus. The agreement has been announced during the 59th meeting of the Council for Railway Transport’s Committee of specialists in rail car affairs from railway administration boards of the CIS and Baltic states held in the town of Tikhvin.
- United Wagon Company and Russian Railways have opened joint training centers to provide additional training to the staff of the Central Directorate for Infrastructure (CDI), a branch of Russian Railways. These training centers will give depot staff the practical skills needed for maintaining and repairing freight cars equipped with Barber bogies. These new training centers are located at the operational railcar depots of the West Siberian, Krasnoyarsk and October Railways: Novokuznetsk-Severny, Krasnoyarsk-Vostochny and St. Petersburg-Sortirovochny-Moscow.
- United Wagon Company floats on Moscow Exchange. UWC sold 12.22% of its shares under the public offering for a total of RUB 9.028bn ($180mn). The UWC issue was organized by VTB Capital as global coordinator, co-lead manager and joint bookrunner and investment bank Otkritie Financial Group as co-lead manager and joint bookrunner. The company trades under the stock ticker symbol UWGN.
- Research and Production Corporation "United Wagon Company" and railroad operator Logistics 1520 (former Promkhimtrans) arranged about supply of 600 grain hoppers of new production model 19-9549 with improved technical and economic features. In accordance with the agreement hopper cars equipped with Barber bogie will be transferred to the operator on the long-term lease. The body space of the new rolling stock of up to 120 m 3 and the axle load of up to 25 t provide increased load capacity of up to 76 t.
- Research and Production Corporation “United Wagon Company” and railway operator Tehnotrans announce a strategic partnership and sign an agreement of intent for the supply of 500 grain hopper cars with improved technical and economic features. The hopper cars equipped with 25 tf bogies have increased cubic capacity of 120 m 3, which makes it possible to use the complete load capacity of up to 76 t for transportation of all types of grain and grain milling products. An innovative freight car bogie allows reducing costs of rolling stock operation and maintenance. The construction of a new hopper car meets the requirements of transshipment terminals.
- Research and Production Corporation "United Wagon Company" (RPC UWC) and Petersburg State Transport University (PSTU) reached cooperation agreement on joint working concerning creation and implementation of modern educational technologies in railway transport, using the PSTU scientific resources.
- Research and Production Corporation “United Wagon Company” in cooperation with Russian Railways opened two new training centers and four maintenance and repair for innovative cars equipped with Barber bogies.
- Railway corporation “United Wagon Company” and “Eurosib SPb-transport systems” signed a lend lease agreement of up to one thousand innovative log platforms of load capacity. The agreement provides for the long-term lease of log platforms, new 13-6852 model, with improved technical and economic features in the course of 2016-2017.
- United Wagon Company and a global supplier of high-tech products for the rail industry Wabtec Corporation (USA) signed a supply agreement for export of freight car castings. The duration of the agreement is 10 years.
- Research and Production Corporation "United Wagon Company" and Eurosib SPb-Transport Systems have signed a lend lease agreement for up to 600 railcars of 60-feet platforms and up to 100 box cars with improved technical and economic features in the course of 2016-2017
- Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant received a certificate of compliance for a solid-bottom gondola with 98-m³ capacity from the Register of Certification on the Federal Railway Transport" (FBO "RC FRT").
- Research and Production Corporation “United Wagon Company” has made its first appearance in annual Rating of the largest Russian companies RAEX-600 and has received award in Growth Dynamics nomination.
- United Wagon Company and the biggest Russian manufacturer and exporter of methanol Metafrax signed an agreement for the transfer of 105 tank cars of increased loading capacity for the transportation of methanol and its derivatives.
- United Wagon Company and Uralkali, the world’s largest producer of potash fertilizers, signed an agreement for the supply of 400 hopper cars for mineral fertilizers.
- United Wagon Company launched a new transport mechanical engineering plant TikhvinChemMash for the production of new generation tank cars. The company's products are the various models of tank cars with high payload capacity for the transportation of the whole range of chemical products.
- United Wagon Company bought a 100% share of TransMashEnergo, being a company-customer of the construction of a gas-piston thermal power plant. Own power plant will ensure power safety of manufacturing enterprises of UWC on the territory of the Tikhvin industrial site.
- United Wagon Company and railway operator VM-Trans have agreed on the delivery of up to 3,000 of new generation freight cars of various types.
- Springs Industrial Technology Center has commenced deliveries of its products to the USA. The American company Cardwell Westinghouse, a subdivision of Wabtec Corporation, which is the global supplier of high-tech products for railways, is acting as the partner of NPC “Springs”.
- TikhvinChemMash – a new a new enterprise of UWC – has successfully gone through the certification procedure and for the first time obtained the certificate confirming the compliance of quality management system of the enterprise with the requirements of international standard ISO 9001:2008 and interstate standard GOST 9001-2011.
- Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant has successfully underwent recertification audit of the system of business management on its compliance with the requirements of international standard of railway industry IRIS. Following the results of the audit, IRIS certificate was extended for a new three-year certification validity term.
- NPC “Springs” became the second manufacturing enterprise of UWC exporting products to a highly competitive American market.
- United Wagon Company has acquired 100% of ownership interest in Tihvin Assembly Plant “Titran-Express”. As a result, UWC has enriched its manufacturing assets with a modern machine-building complex for service maintenance of rolling stock. A head service center for the operational maintenance of freight cars, set on innovative Barber bogies, carried out throughout the whole life cycle of cars, has been established in TAP “Titran-Express”.
- Metafrax, the biggest Russian manufacturer and exporter of methanol, and United Wagon Company have entered into the purchase agreement for 134 new generation methanol tank cars. Wagons of model 15-6880, clearance 1-Т, for the transportation of methanol and its derivatives will be delivered to Metafrax.
- Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant has produced its 30,000-th freight car since the launch of the plant in January 2012. A jubilee mineral fertilizers hopper-car with increased load-carrying capacity has been dispatched for the world’s largest producer of potash fertilizers Uralkali.
- United Wagon Company has started the series production of tank cars for transportation of caustic soda and other chemical freights. These cars are unique in the domestic market.
- United Wagon Company and railroad operator Logistics 1520 arranged about supply of up to 300 timber platform and up to 400 universal box cars with improved technical and economic features.
- United Wagon Company and Business-Alliance lessor have entered into the purchase agreement for a batch of new generation gondolas in the amount of 5.9 bln rubles.
- Research and production corporation «United Wagon Company» has completed a secondary public offering (SPO) of its ordinary shares on the Moscow Exchange. 7,867,948 shares or 6.9% of the increased authorized capital have been placed under the Offering raising a total of RUB 5.0 billion. Otkritie Financial Group was the lead manager and bookrunner of the Offering.
- TAP “Titran-Express” (a part of railway holding UWC) has signed the cooperation agreement with SKF (the Russian subsidiary of SKF Group, the largest global manufacturer of bearings and the leading supplier of hi-tech component parts for railway transport). Within the framework of the agreement, TAP “Titran Experss” will serve as the base for a service maintenance center for the repair of compact tapered axle bearings SKF, mounted on the running gear of the freight rolling stock.
- Research and production corporation “United Wagon Company” and the leasing company BUSINESS ALLIANCE have entered into the second agreement for the supply of new generation universal gondolas manufactured by Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant. Thus, due to the signing of the second contract the value of supplies will amount to 11.8 bln rubles .
- NPC “Springs” (a part of railway holding UWC) and Ural Locomotives (a joint venture between Sinara Group and Siemens AG) have signed the agreement for the supply of springs of the spring suspension to complete the running gear of high-speed express electric trains of new generation “Lastochka” ES2G. The cooperation between the companies is implemented within the localization of high-speed trains’ production in Russia.
- Research and Production Corporation “United Wagon Company” and the railway operator “Locotrans” have entered into an agreement for the supply of 150 timber platforms.
- ТikhvinChemMash has sent a batch of tank cars for transportation of caustic soda and other chemical freights to Khimprom (Novocheboksarsk), a leading Russian enterprise producing large-scale chemistry.
- Research and Production Corporation ”United Wagon Company“ and United Grain Company have signed a supply contract for 1.5 thousand grain hoppers with body space of 120 m 3, the first batch to be delivered soon.
- United Wagon Company starts the mass production of its ammonia tank cars, with increased payload capacity.
- United Wagon Company received a certificate of
compliance from the Register of Certification on the Federal Railway
Transport for multi-purpose platforms for large-capacity containers and
container-tanks with gross weight up to 36 t, for wheeled and tracked vehicles,
as well as unitized and bulk freights
- United Wagon Company is opening its subsidiary in the US - Uniwagon North America Corp. (New Jersey). Uniwagon North America Corp. is intended to facilitate the entry of UWC’s products to the North American market, as the railway holding is seeking to expand its exports.
- United Wagon Company received a certificate of compliance from the Register of Certification on the Federal Railway Transport for large-capacity containers and container-tanks with gross weight up to 36 t.
- RBC 500 and RAEX–600 rank United Wagon Company among the largest Russian companies. UWC has climbed to the 230th position in the RBC 500 rating (up from the 463rd) and to the 239th in the RAEX–600 ranking (up from the 540th). Further, United Wagon Company has re-entered the RAEX–600 list of the TOP-20 most dynamic companies.
- United Wagon Company has started bulk manufacture of austempered ductile iron (ADI) components. The annual production capacity is 30,000 railcar sets.
- Tihvin Assembly Plant “Titran-Express”, freight car repair enterprise and head servicing center for operational maintenance of new generation freight cars, has successfully underwent audit of the business management system on its compliance with the requirements of international standard of railway industry IRIS.
- United Wagon Company and transportation company “Fintrans GL” concluded an agreement for the supply of 50 units of tank cars for chemical freights.
- United Wagon Company handed first batch of timber platforms (model 13-6852) to railway operator Locotrans. Total scope of supply is 250 units.
- United Wagon Company reports the successful completion of the first stage of its acquisition of a shareholding in First Heavy Haul Company established by Industrial Investors Group. UWC sold to First Heavy Haul Company its 100% participatory interest in Vostok1520, a railway operator. The Holding is to acquire a 19.9% share in First Heavy Haul Company in exchange of the interest sold in the railway operator.
- The railway holding United Wagon Company and leasing company BUSINESS ALLIANCE concluded the third agreement for the supply of universal gondolas manufactured by Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant. As a result of this transaction the fleet of new generation freight cars in the ownership of BUSINESS ALLIANCE will exceed 4.5 thousand units.
- United Wagon Company and Bashkir soda company (BSC) have signed an agreement for the delivery of tank cars for chemical freights.
- The corporate magazine for the clients of the United Wagon Company – Vremya UWC (The UWC’s Time) – has become the laureate of the national contest for corporate information recourses and media projects “Silver Threads 2016” (Serebryanye Niti). Vremya UWC has made its debut in two categories at once: “The Best Corporate Magazine in Machine Building” and “From Winner to Winner”.
- United Wagon Company has obtained a certificate for mass production of box cars with the body cubic capacity increased up to 175 m3.
- United Wagon Company represented by its subsidiary Uniwagon North America Corp. (USA), has entered the International association The Railway Supply Institute.
- United Wagon Company opens two additional centers for servicing and repair of freight cars, set on innovative bogies with increased axle load, using freight car repair enterprises of customers. Relevant agreements have been signed with Uralchem-Trans and Uralkali.
- RAEX (Expert RA) assigned United Wagon Company credit rating A (high creditworthiness), sub-level 3, with the rating outlook stable.
5 years on the market
- United Wagon Company submits 20 tank cars for formalin to Metafrax, the largest Russian producer and exporter of chemical freights. A servicing center is opened on the territory of chemical production for freight cars servicing.
- United Wagon Company has obtained a certificate for mass production of tank cars the body cubic capacity increased up to 44 m3 and 72 t payload capacity.
- United Wagon Company submits the first batch of tank cars for methanol transportation within Tpr dimension to Metafrax. Payload capacity of the new model is 71.7 t. Tank car tank volume has been increased to 94 m3.
- United Wagon Company has won a tender of Sredneuralsk Copper Smelter and Svyatogor (part of Ural Mining Metallurgical Company) for the supply of 24 tank cars for sulfuric acid.
- United Wagon Company and KuibyshevAzot signed an agreement for the supply of 100 ammonia tank cars.
- United Wagon Company has completed its acquisition of shares in First Heavy Haul Company established by Industrial Investors Group. UWC acquired 19.9% of the shares in the largest owner and operator of new generation freight cars with a fleet of more than 28 thousand units.
- The corporate magazine for the customers of United Wagon Company ─ “UWC Time” ─ became the laureate of the XIV All-Russian competition “The Best Corporate Media 2017” in the special nomination “For image strengthening and brand promotion”.
- United Wagon Company has established UNICON 1520, a transport company to provide tank-container and container shipments. UNICON 1520 will render shipping services both inside and outside Russia, in the CIS countries, Southeast Asia and the Middle East.
- TikhvinSpetsMash and railway operator Locotrans have signed the contract for the delivery of a batch of 40 box cars with increased loading capacity.
- UWC start to create a corporate template of IT solutions for its freight car building plants, located on the industrial site of the town of Tikhvin.
- United Wagon Company announces the results of the secondary public offering of its ordinary shares on the Moscow Exchange. As a result of the SPO, the Company’s free-float reached 21.05%.
- RAEX (Expert RA) assigned United Wagon Company credit rating at ruBB with stable outlook by Russia’s Expert RA rating agency. The rating matches the A (III) rating with stable outlook.
- The quality management system of JSC TikhvinSpetsMash (a manufacturing enterprise, part of the railway holding, United Wagon Company) has been certified compliant with requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 international standard and the GOST R ISO 9001-2015 interstate standard.
- United Wagon Company has signed an agreement with Sberbank Leasing to deliver 100 new generation hopper cars to carry grain and milling products.
- United Wagon Company is opening a service centre in Estonia as part of warranty and post-warranty service provision for the Company’s new generation railcars. Running repairs to the cargo fleet operating in the Baltic States can now be carried out at AS Valga Depot in Estonia, which is owned by Skinest Rail railway concern.
- United Wagon Company has delivered a batch of new generation tank cars of Tpr dimension for transportation of ammonia to URALCHEM.
- United Wagon Company has begun shipment of 20 new box cars to Kuchukterminal, a transport company in joint ownership of the major Russian producer of sodium sulfate, Kuchuksulphat, and the international logistics company LTB.
- Gondola with unloading hatches of model 19-9853 manufactured by Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant became the winner of the competition held by Russian Railways for the best quality of the rolling stock and complicated technical systems and won the first place in the nomination “Rolling stock”.
- TikhvinSpetsMash has obtained a certificate from FBO “Register of Certification on the Federal Railway Transport” for production of 40-foot flat cars to be used for transport of containers, including tank containers with hazardous loads.
- Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant has started shipping the large-size castings (Barber S-2-HD® bogie Side Frames and Bolsters) to equip the North American freight cars. These TVSZ castings have been approved by the Association of American Railroads (AAR) for unrestricted interchange service on all North American railroads, including the largest Class I railroads.
- United Wagon Company has obtained a certificate for mass production of hopper car with a high-strength aluminium-alloy roof for grain transportation.
- United Wagon Company and State Transport Leasing Company (STLC) has signed a new contract for the delivery of 5,122 gondolas with unloading hatches and solid-bottom.
- United Wagon Company has signed a contract with Kronospan, the world’s leading producer of chipboard, to supply 267 platforms for timber transportation. The platforms of model 13-6852-02 offer competitive advantages thanks to increased loading volume of 122 m3 and carrying capacity of 74 tons.
- The TikhvinSpetsMash plant supplied a large batch of platforms (model 13-6852-02) to Company Group “Vologodskie Lesopromyshlenniki”, one of the biggest timber industry companies in Northwest Russia.
- TikhvinChemMash has completed work on its 1,000th freight car since the company started business in December 2015. The jubilee car is part of a contract for new-generation rolling stock to transport alcohol. A total of 25 freight cars of model 15-9993-01 are being dispatched to the buyer, Rosspirtprom, which is the largest Russian producer of ethyl alcohol from natural raw materials. The Rosspirtprom transport subsidiary, Magistral, will take delivery of the freight cars.
- United Wagon Company won the tender PhosAgro for delivery of 500 hoppers for fertilizer transportation produced by Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant.
- United Wagon Company supplied 12-thousand freight car to the largest leasing company in Russia – State Transport Leasing Company (STLC). The ceremony took place as part of a meeting of the Board of Directors of STLC at Tikhvin Freight Car Building Plant.
- United Wagon Company has once again been ranked among the 50 fastest-growing companies in Russia according to an annual survey in the business journal RBC. For the second year running, the company claimed second place. In 2016 UWC also climbed to 211th place in RBC’s ranking of the 500 biggest companies in Russia, up from 230th in the previous year./li>
- United Wagon Company entered the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP). The Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs represents the interests of national business circles both in Russia and in the international arena.
6 years of stability
- United Wagon Company wins tender to supply 112 tank cars to GazpromTrans for transport of molten sulphur.
- United Wagon Company started the supply of tank cars to transport concentrated nitric acid for URALCHEM.
- TikhvinChemMash became the prize-winner of the Best Import Substitution Project nomination of the Russian Business Leaders: Dynamics and Responsibility 2017 contest. Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs hold the annual competition.
- United Wagon Company has been recognized as Best IP Department in Russia & Central and Eastern Europe 2018 at the Innovation & IP Forum and Awards.
- United Wagon Company started delivery of hopper cars to Guinea within the framework of the previously won international tender.
- United Wagon Company has signed a new contract with Kronospan to supply 500 new generation platforms for timber products transportation.
- United Wagon Company and rail operator Transles sign agreement of intent. Under the agreement, the operator will purchase 200 flat cars (60-foot).
- UWC and Volga Paper Company sign car supply agreement for the supply of 80 platforms (60-foot) for the transportation of timber and timber products and 18 gondola cars for the transportation of woodchips.
- United Wagon Company reported the sale of its 19.9% share in PTK-Holding, JSC (First Heavy Haul Company, PTK) to PromInvestWagon, LLC, a subsidiary of Industrial Investors Group.
- UWC has shipped the first batch of new generation heavy platforms for the Rhenus Logistics. A total batch is 84 cars.
- United Wagon Company and Eurosib signed an agreement on the sale of 500 high-capacity container platforms (80-foot).
- UWC and Karabashmed agree on supply of 50 tank cars for sulfuric acid.
- Uralkali and United Wagon Company sign agreement for supply of 500 hopper cars with an increased carrying capacity for mineral fertilizer transportation.
- UWC has supplied 64 box cars to Kazakhstan’s operators and manufacturers.
- United Wagon Company has completed an order for the supply of 50 platforms to ship timber freights to Red October, a large timber processing factory.
- UWC has supplied 295 tank cars for transportation of liquid bulk chemical cargos to Azot SPA TD (UCC Shchekinoazot Scientific Production Association’s Transport Directorate).
- Kronospan and United Wagon Company has signed a contract to provide 80 gondola cars (Russian Тпр (Tpr) standard dimensions) for transportation of wood chips.
- UWC has supplied 162 platforms for transportation of timber to the international railway logistics company Operail, founded on the base of Estonian Railways.
- TikhvinChemMash has supplied 20 tank cars for the transportation of caustic soda and other chemical cargoes to GATX Rail Vostok (a subsidiary of GATX Corporation).
- United Wagon Company became the winner of an international tender to supply 200 platforms for heavyweight containers to Laude Smart Intermodal SA (Poland).
- UWC has successfully passed a quality audit by Deutsche Bahn to act as supplier of freight cars to the German company. Company was assigned Q2 quality status.
- United Wagon Company and TMH International AG (a subsidiary of Transmashholding) have signed an agreement to cooperate in developing railway freight transportation in counties of South America. The agreement provides for cooperation of the companies in sales and deliveries of integrated freight transport solutions that will include locomotives manufactured by Transmashholding and freight cars and components manufactured by United Wagon Company to Argentina, Uruguay, Bolivia, and Paraguay.
- Slavneft-YANOS and UWC has signed a contract to supply 32 high-capacity tank cars for transportation of molten sulfur and sulfuric acid.
- United Wagon Company and URALCHEM-TRANS have signed an agreement to set up a service centre providing a full range of repair and maintenance work for UWC’s new generation freight cars at the Murashi station repair depot on the Gorky Railway network (a subsidiary of URALCHEM-TRANS).
- UWC wins UMMC tender for suppl of 30 tank cars for transportation of sulphuric acid.
Development of sales markets
- United Wagon Company has completed a contract for the delivery of 60 flat cars on bogies with enhanced axle load to Russia’s largest intermodal container operator, TransContainer, following the results of an open tender.
- Railway operator UNICON 1520 (part of UWC) has won a tender with major polyvinyl chloride producer RusVinyl. The agreement signed outlines the transportation of sodium hydroxide over a period of two years.
- UWC will supply Trade House RIF, one of Russia's largest exporters of cereal crops, with 700 hopper cars for the transportation of grain and grain mill products.
- Chemical Company Shchekinoazot and United Wagon Company have signed an agreement to supply 101 tank cars for the transportation of liquid bulk chemical freight. Tank cars will be put into operation as part of transport directorate SPA Azot's fleet.
- UWC and the TEXOL group, one of Kazakhstan's largest railway operators and freight car fleet owners, have signed a contract on the supply of 400 articulated tank cars for the transportation of liquefied petroleum gas. This articulated tank car design is revolutionary, with no other model on the CIS market able to match its technical and operational standards.
- United Wagon Company expands its product portfolio and introduces dumpcars to the market, intended for the transportation and automated discharge of bulk and lump construction aggregates and ore mining products.
- UWC has signed a contract with EuroChem, ranking among the world's largest and fastest-growing fertilizer producers, for the supply of 55 large-capacity ammonia tank cars. The cars will be used to transport products of Phosphorit Industrial Group, which is a member of the EuroChem.
- Eurosib SPb – Transport Systems and United Wagon Company have signed a contract for the production and supply of 400 new generation container platforms.
- According to a Ranking of the TOP Rolling Stock Manufacturers in Russia in 2018 compiled by INFOLine-Analytics, UWC took first place by number of freight cars produced in Russia and third place among the leading global manufacturers.