On 13 October 2020 OVK (UWC) announced that it signed an agreement with TransKonteiner (a Delo Group subsidiary) on the supply of 150 80 feet container wagons. The batch will be delivered by the end of this year.
The Model 13-6903 wagon is designed for the high-capacity containers and tank containers with a gross weight of up to 36 t. The placing and fastening of containers of various size categories can be done according to the existing local loading requirements. To achieve this, the main frame is fitted with four fixed and ten double folding container pins.
The 120 km/h wagons are 25,620 mm long over couplings, 2,785 mm wide and 1,040 mm high above rail top. They have a 74.5 t payload and 25 t tare weight. The loading length is 80 foot. The wagons are mounted on the 25 t axle-load Model 18-9855 bogies. The service life is 32 years.
Together with the earlier contract, the total number of the TVSZ-built container wagons with loading lengths of 40 and 80 feet ordered for TransContainer’s fleet will grow to 310 units.
TransContainer is a Russian intermodal container operator with one of Russia’s largest fleets of containers and container flat wagons running on the 1,520 mm gauge network.
Delo Group is a major Russian transportation and logistics holding company, which owns and operates port container terminals and container fleets in the Sea of Azov, Black Sea, Baltic and Far East basins, a wide network of railway container terminals, and a fleet of containers and container flat wagons. The Group is headed by the Management Company Delo, 70% of which is owned by Group’s founder Sergey Shishkarev, while the other 30 % is held by the State Corporation Rosatom.